A number of firms (COGLA, Phylaxia Vet. Bio. Co) and researchers in the history of the Ceva Group have made their name by their veterinary research work, notably in the biological field.
For example, renowned scientists such as Aladar AUJESZKY or Adorjan BARTHA have worked for Hungarian firm Phylaxia Vet Bio Co (today CEVA PHYLAXIA).
This scientific excellence has always been an integral part of the Group’s culture, developing adapted responses to the main infectious diseases affecting swine rearing today:
- Classical swine fever: COGLAPEST® is the unique attenuated live vaccine containing the Thiverval strain. The protection is at the same time fast, strong and long lasting. The potency of the vaccine (1000 PD 50) is ten times higher than the minimum potency required by the OIE. It explains why COGLAPEST® helps to install a good homogeneity of protection and to prevent better the presence of immune-tolerant piglets. These strong qualities explain why professional farmers prefer this vaccine to protect their farms in many Asian countries. A coloured indicator allows monitoring the diluent quality for an optimized vaccine efficiency.
- Porcine pleuropneumonia (Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae ) – A.p.: COGLAPIX® The only vaccine based on bacterial toxoids, providing a strong protection against all the serotypes of A.p. and without specific post-vaccination reaction at the same time. In front of the variability of the serotypes present in the field, only toxoid vaccines provide a universal protection. But one vaccine should be safe for the piglets at the same time what is usually a drawback of vaccines against A.p. COGLAPIX® associates safety with universal protection and efficacy.
- Aujeszky disease: the AUPHYL® Plus/ AUPHYL® P (attenuated live) vaccine offers antibody-related and cell-mediated immunity. Its "deleted" strain allows serological differentiation between vaccinated animals and those actually infected by the virus. The MNC+/10a strain is the latest strain against Aujeszky disease (AD). It is the fruit of the longest experience in AD control, coming from our production campus of PHYLAXIA in Budapest, Hungary, where the first vaccine against AD was elaborated by Dr Adorjan BARTHA. AUPHYL® Plus is specially recommended to elaborate an eradication program in an affected farm.
- Enzootic Pneumonia caused by Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae: HYOGEN® is the unique inactivated vaccine that offers strong fast and long lasting protection by using just ONE dose (2 ml) in the life time of market pigs. This is due to its main components; the antigen originated from Ceva M. hyo strain BA 2940-99 along with the adjuvant, ImuvantTM. ImuvantTM is a unique Ceva adjuvant composed of a non-toxic lipopolysaccharide (LPS) from J5 E. coli together with a mineral oil in water emulsion that forms a complex and highly efficient immunostimulant. These components and balance formulation will enable and appropriate innate, humoral and cell-mediated immun response from the host.
- Circovac® is the inactivated PCV2 vaccine, formulated based on the whole PCV2 virus and a potent adjuvant inducing a strong humoral and cellular immune response. Thanks to a registration for piglets, gilts and sows, Circovac® provides the whole life piglet protection. The efficacy has been demonstrated against all relevant PCV2 genotypes. The active immunisation allows reducing the faecal and nasal excretion of PCV2 and virus load in blood and is an aid to reduce PCV2 linked clinical signs.
From one country to another, product lines are adapted to local demand and regulatory requirements. For further information, please take a look at the CEVA Santé Animale site for your country. Warning: the information provided on the products depends on national registrations. Access to technical information is restricted to authorised persons.