Qualitative and quantitative composition
The vaccine is prepared from the Thiverval strain, a cold mutant of the Hog Cholera virus obtained after serial passage through cytocultures at low temperature.
This strain is noted for two characteristics:
- It is a “cold” strain in so far as its optimal development takes place at 33° C
- It is a “labile” strain because its infective activity is destroyed at 56° C under otherwise normal environmental conditions
High immunising activity
- Immunity in the vaccinated animal develops rapidly (in 10 to 12 days)
- The degree of immunity conferred is extremely high; the highest level is reached very rapidly (between the 30th and 35th days) and remains at a high level for at least 48 months
- The immunity is obtained with only one injection
- COGLAPEST provides total immunisation against all types of Hog Cholera viruses
Absence of any pathogenic effect
- No symptoms of disease are seen after vaccination
- There are not teratogenic effects
- There is no effect on the fertility of sows.
- Piglets vaccinated or born from vaccinated sows grow at normal rates
After repeated passages through pigs or on cell cultures at 37° C, this strain fully retains its immunising activity and safety.
Live freeze-dried vaccine
The vaccine confers active immunization of pigs against Classical Swine Fever (Hog Cholera).
Target animal species
From one country to another, product lines are adapted to local demand and regulatory requirements. For further information, please take a look at the CEVA Santé Animale site for your country. Warning: the information provided on the products depends on national registrations. Access to technical information is restricted to authorised persons.